"Every moment of one's life, one is growing into more or retreating into less." - Norman Mailer

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Motherhood, Poise and Nurturing

I wrote about the brand new Housewives' Tarot that Thomas gifted to me some time ago. I said I would post pictures of my favourite cards, but as yet have not had the time to do so. Well, wait breathless no longer! I will proceed to post (in successive days) some of my favourite cards and their meaning in the Arcana.

I begin with The Empress, as she is a card with whom I feel a kinship, and have felt so since I laid eyes and hands on my first Rider-Waite deck.

According to the Housewives' Tarot, The Empress, or the third card in the Major Arcana, represents Motherhood, Poise and Nurturing. "A feminine force to be reckoned with, The Empress is the earthly mother to housewives everywhere, and she spreads her wisdom of domesticity across the land. Symbolizing your hidden potential, she is warm, comforting, and perfectly poised and coiffed, with just a touch of authority to complement her nurturing charm. She has tested each and every recipe herself in her own kitchen, and loves nothing more than sharing the tips and secrets of her success. Follow her instructions carefully, and you're on your way to domestic bliss."

No comments: