"Every moment of one's life, one is growing into more or retreating into less." - Norman Mailer

Friday, April 06, 2007

For Your Consideration...

You may have noticed that I changed the name of my blog...again. Is this becoming a tradition? No, indeed. I suppose I am simply the kind of person who must do "spring cleaning" occasionally...and more than just during spring--in her mind and on her blog, as well as in her house. In fact, I felt rather "Spring cleaningy" a few weeks ago when it was warm and I could fling open the windows of my house to allow in the fresh breezes and grassy sunny smells of spring.... But that's all passed for the moment with the cold front that's moved in. It actually flipping SNOWED today in Louisville. Chrikey.

Anyway, this evening I was reading a journal I apparently kept while I was living on Frankfort Avenue with a (remaining nameless) guy after I dropped out of Berea. The journal is pretty dire at points, what with the listless, occasionally suicidal depression and such. But much of it is really... GOOD. And funny.

I'm considering posting excerpts here. In any case, I was in the basement (still am, to tell the truth) trying to configure Thomas' laptop for our wireless. For some reason, this an extremely complicated venture. Clearly, I'm missing something. I'm technologically impaired, to say the least. Anyhoo, as I have been waiting for things to boot and re-boot, I started tidying up and reorganizing things, à la spring cleaning. And that's when I found this journal, along with a bunch of paperwork for my entrance into nursing school at Jefferson Community College. --Those days seem like DECADES ago. So to make a long story a little longer, the combination of perusing my old journal combined with happening upon a nursing paper that said, "Memorandum," caused me to think "Memo -- Random," as many of my journal entries seem to be. And as I guess they still are. :) So it seemed a fitting fit.

What do you think?

No comments: