"Every moment of one's life, one is growing into more or retreating into less." - Norman Mailer

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Movie list

So, as you may observe, gentle reader, I have begun yet another widget/list on the side of my blog. I have been considering starting this list for a long time, but have talked myself out of it for an equally long time on the grounds that it's not a worthy list.

Well, I've changed my mind and now regret all those months of talking myself out of a fantastic list which will help intellectually orient myself in a specific place and time when I go back to review something in my blog archives--a practice I engage in periodically when I want to remember the "ambience" of a given point in the timeline of my life. That is the point of a diary, is it not?

So this list is of movies I've watched during the year. Just as I keep a list of the books I've finished, I'll keep a list of the films I finish. I may decide to also put TV series on as well, if I watch an entire season. That, to me, is a cogent piece of small screen artistry on par with a film in terms of plot and productional effort (if "productional" is a word).

The unfortunate thing is to start such a list with only 5 weeks left in the year. Perhaps I'll add in retrospect as my memory permits; for sure I'll have a complete list for 2009. Go, me.

No comments: