"Every moment of one's life, one is growing into more or retreating into less." - Norman Mailer

Friday, October 31, 2008

email exchange

From my friend to me:
I wanted to see how you were and ask if you are feeling the same psychic gnawing that I am regarding Nov 4. I have the WORST feeling that all frickin hell is gonna break loose, but I can't quite figure out why I am feeling this way.

I spoke to Alvin after his race, he did the 31 miler in just at 6 hours. He said it was brutal.
Later

Reply from me to my friend:
Yeah, man. I'm feeling WAY nervous. weird things have been happening around the house and neighborhood, which just adds to the spooky October-ness of it all, and to the feeling that the end times is near, fer reals.

For example: this morning at about 9 am, i was watching tv and eating breakfast when the tv turned off by itself, and then there was a loud boom outside. it seemed equally likely that a transformer had exploded that there was a roving militia in the neighborhood. i hesitated as to whether i ought to call LG&E first, or draw the blinds, collect my Yarmuth sign from the front yard, and go to the basement and hide. i am ON EDGE. and really wanting a cigarette, but as yet have avoided the temptation. go, me.

i miss you. i miss Alvin. i miss Honors. sigh. i am praying and hoping and volunteering in order for Obama to beat McCain. it's amazing to feel so uneasy given that he's ahead in the polls and way more well-funded. and yet, it does not mitigate my fear of racists and neo-cons.

Ugh.

No comments: