"Every moment of one's life, one is growing into more or retreating into less." - Norman Mailer

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Connecticut Yankee in River City, escondida

According to this accent quiz I took on Facebook tonight, I have a "Northern Accent." This is hilarious, since I'm from Ohio. HOWEVER, my dad's from the Bronx and my mom's from Cleveland, and I've lived in Louisville for 12 years, so I'm a bit of a mish mash, I suppose. Plus, I make deliberate pronunciation choices about some words. Like, open vowels instead of tight ones on words like "hilArious", "hOrrible", and "mArry", and I distinguish "AW" groupings from open O sounds (as in "dawn" versus "don"). These are trademarks of a Northern accent (as in New England and the like).

Woo hoo. I could be a Connecticut Yankee after all...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whaddya know...see ya at da mawl.
dad