"Every moment of one's life, one is growing into more or retreating into less." - Norman Mailer

Friday, February 15, 2008

Rally for Higher Education

Hello, to anyone who lives in Kentucky. Especially if you are a college student or about to be one, this info is for you:

The RALLY FOR HIGHER EDUCATION is on Wednesday, February 20th. Budget cuts will affect students!!! A 15% budget cut in the works means 25 million dollars less for the University! Also, the KEES Scholarship Program is going to be cut as well, which means a lot less money for you. If you would like to go and speak out, please email your name, email, and county to sgaevp@louisville.edu Here is some info about the day:

We will leave for the Rally at 10:00am from Papa John's stadium - you can park there for the day. On the bus ride to Frankfort we will go over the agenda for the day, distribute: folders with literature to give to legislators, a map of the Capitol, an excuse letter for missing class, and a t-shirt. We will arrive in Frankfort around 11:00am, giving everyone a chance to eat their free lunch and visit their own individual legislators. The actual Rally will convene in the Rotunda at 1:15pm, will last about an hour, and will feature several speakers. We should be back to the stadium no later than 4:00pm.

I plan to go, so if anybody wants to, you know, like, be my bus-riding-buddy, that is cool with me. Just post a comment here or email me. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BTW--

As of today you have almost conquered the world, baby. Only Antarctica has yet to feel the power of Clare--and you know how recalcitrant those frigging penguins can be, so don't even worry about it.

T

Anonymous said...

I really wish I could go. Unfortunately I'm already missing classes on Friday, so my professors would shoot me. But say a couple of curse words on my behalf to some ancient, stinking legislator.

Anonymous said...

any news coming ?