"Every moment of one's life, one is growing into more or retreating into less." - Norman Mailer

Sunday, January 25, 2009

But first, I must just do this

So, things in my life are pretty great right now; my interior life is stable, my home life is joyous, and my work life is interesting. Everything is imbued with metaphysical connection and I find meaning in simple things. I feel happy.

But enough about me. I must go do many hours of homework veddy soon, but first, I must just do this:

Allright. To return to the whole "Jared Hess, making the world safe for nerds, one movie at a time" blog I posted earlier, I must add an addendum. While I said in that post that I was glad that Napoleon Dynamite had raised the profile of nerds everywhere, I must now amend that in light of recent developments (see video below). Important Things with Dimitri Martin seems like a lame simulacrum of Jared Hess's unexpected success, right down to the 60s educational film parlor organ music. Sigh. There is SO too much of a good thing. Grr Argh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ich lieve dich, mädchen.

Der Bruder Kah.

Anonymous said...

Ach. Noch einmal, bitte. Ich LIEBE dich, Mädchen.

Das is viel besser.

Kah.