"Every moment of one's life, one is growing into more or retreating into less." - Norman Mailer

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thanks, Jared Hess


Ice Cream - Clearasil Commercial - For more amazing video clips, click here

I must admit, I find this commercial hilarious. It's just the right tone with its perfect combination of weirdness, nerd-worship, and ironic, hipstery self-consciousness. But this commercial (and others in the same vein--Starburst, Burger King and Old Spice come first to mind--although they aren't all in the same league of awesomeness, of course) could never have made it to release in a pre-Napoleon Dynamite world. So, thank you, Jared Hess, for making the world receptive to nerds and their chic quirkiness.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Just noticed the Bentley College book under your books read!

Awesome.

I look forward to your movie list, too. I am severely lacking in my cinematic education.