"Every moment of one's life, one is growing into more or retreating into less." - Norman Mailer

Monday, August 11, 2008

Shiva to Vishnu

Don't be surprised if you develop a yearning to redecorate. The celestial energies have put you in the mood to dress your house up a bit. Take care not to go overboard, Clare. You have a tendency to turn little projects into big ones. For now, content yourself with buying some flowering plants and perhaps some new area rugs and throw pillows. Leave the kitchen and bath renovation for later.


Sometimes one's horoscope is just spot on, you know? In some ways, this has sort of been true of my entire summer. For several reasons, the stars aligned in such a way as to make this summer one of homesteading for me. I've had little desire to venture off my grounds, excited instead to improve upon the kingdom I have at home. I have been ripping up the carpeting in my house, room by room, over the summer, revealing beautiful hardwood floors underneath. I've been going through files, reorganizing and culling obsolete information. I've reviewed all the books, clothes and CDs in the house, rearranging, weeding through, and uploading each respective group of things. I've begun a garden. Throughout the summer I've weeded, dismantled, swept out, scrubbed, straightened, thrown away and just generally pondered all the material things in my life. And it feels good to sort through everything, judge something worthy or not to continue to be taken care of, and feel like I'm getting things in order.

In order for what, though? Who really knows, but... the next big project, one supposes. That is to say, GRADUATE SCHOOL. I'm looking forward to it quite a lot, and I'm beginning to get excited and nervous for real. But today, I content myself with cleaning in the basement a little bit and doing some laundry. The carpet project will wait for another day, Horoscope--I promise. Gotta wait for my body to feel better, for one thing! Threw my back and knee out last week. C'est la vie of a domestic goddess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go, girl.