"Every moment of one's life, one is growing into more or retreating into less." - Norman Mailer

Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Right to Choose NOT to Consume

I just tried this new service, Catalog Choice, which is a go-between for the consumer to reject catalogs she doesn't want in the mail. It's a great way to cut down on junk mail and save some trees while you're at it! It's completely free, and hundreds of catalog titles are listed. You can browse them and decline whichever you don't want. For myself, I am def looking forward to getting fewer of these horrible catalogs in the mail, which depress me and make me feel guilty for wasting trees at the same time that they make me feel inadequate for not buying/wanting to buy/being able to buy all these products they shove in my face. Ahhhh... I'm already breathing easier.

Click here to set up your own free account.

No comments: