"Every moment of one's life, one is growing into more or retreating into less." - Norman Mailer

Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Gallery of Regrettable Food




This VERY disgusting picture came from a VERY awesome website called "The Gallery of Regrettable Food." You can find it at: http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/index.html . It ROCKS! My friend who works in Reference at the UofL's Ekstrom library--we'll call her KB--pointed the site out to me after I went to show her my excellent "Housewives Tarot" deck. Thomas gifted these to me, knowing full well how perfect they were for me when he saw them at Barnes & Noble. I can't decide which is my favourite card: it's either the Hierophant, Death, Judgment or the High Priestess. I'll post pictures later. The website for the cards can be viewed here: http://www.housewivestarot.com/

Anyhoo, KB told me about the Gallery of Regrettable Food, which I highly recommend you all check out. It is hiLARious, chock full of pages from old cookbooks and food ads from the 1930s, 40s, 50s, 60s and even 70s. There are some especially ugly recipes involving gelatin products. Ewwww. Opaque jell-o: who thought that was a good idea? Anyway, all the bad food ideas and crimes of the last century are dutifully recounted and made fun of on this excellent and funny website.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

See kids...reference librarians know cool shit.

Clare said...

fo' real. can you dig it?