"Every moment of one's life, one is growing into more or retreating into less." - Norman Mailer

Monday, May 22, 2006

One Night In Bangkok

THOSE IN LOUISVILLE:

Birth the Play at Actor's Theatre: Friday, June 2 and Saturday, June 3 at 8pm. tickets $15; $12 for students & seniors. (502) 584-1205 for more info.

4th annual "Birth in the Bluegrass" Childbirth Conference June 3 at Executive Inn West in Louisville KY, 10am - 2pm. This year's theme: "Achieving Balance in Childbirth." see link to Birth Care Network on the right side of this blog for more info. www.birthcarenetwork.com

PLEASE BE THERE! You are supporting choice in childbirth for birthing families!!!!!

Right. Sorry about the week gap in writing here, but I've been horribly productive doing other things. It's quite brilliant, actually. Although I've been pretty bitchy much of the week (either due to PMS, echoes of Mother's Day, or my husband's stress level, what with the end of the school year upon us and all), I have gotten lots done, for myself and for my satellite interests. For example, I've done loads of things to get ready for the Birth in the Bluegrass Conference week after next!!! I'm in charge of the Silent Auction, and have been colelcting plenty of lovely items and services to auction. I've also made calls to prospective vendors and have tied up other Birth Care Network loose ends. I even got myself a lovely massage on Wednesday and lunched with Andrew the Lovely Medievalist. We had a civilized chat over salads and soups about some viking named Something-wulf cleaving people in two. Quite civilized, I assure you. Especially the cleaving.

And my beautiful Elizabeth moves! She migrates north for the summer, and then back to MASS. Interestingly and by coincidence (as usual), this morning I was talking to one of my many bosses at the Honors House (Tony), who purports that all people from Boston are mean. I disagreed with him, saying that my experience in Boston had been quite lovely--especially the North Quarter--and he replied by saying, "they don't call them MASSholes for nothing." I thought that was pretty funny, although I disagreed, obviously. tee hee.

In other news, I've begun my summer job at school. I'm in training this week so that we can begin advising freshmen during orientation next week! Exciting times! My kids end school this week as well, and my sister's in town visiting, too! All kinds of things happening, and yet I'm a bit melancholy to be out of my routine of visiting friends from school. They've scattered to the four winds for summertime, understandably. And I've got plenty on the docket, what with the play and the conference and working and the end of school etc., but I still miss seeing my "peeps" (which I must always say with a bit of irony...).

PS. The title refers to the song I've been listening to incessantly for the past week. It's from a Tim Rice musical called "Chess."

1 comment:

Clare said...

how unfortunate! thanks for the re-cap, you little Andrewy nerd, you. When will we lunch again? It feels like it's been ages already!