"Every moment of one's life, one is growing into more or retreating into less." - Norman Mailer

Friday, July 31, 2009

Learnin' 'bout chile peppers

I have recently had the opportunity to learn more about peppers, since people have been giving me peppers from their gardens and I've been getting peppers from the CSA. After a look at a nice, organized website that gave me a good idea of what I'm working with, now I know what recipes to research. I apparently have some habanero peppers, some Anaheims, and some "goat" anaheims.

The website is called Chester's Chiles, and whoever made the site is clearly obsessed with peppers...which I happen to respect. There are worse things to be obsessed with. You can try to identify your own chiles at their site. It's a very helpful website for the nacent gardener/chile aficionado.

No comments: