"Every moment of one's life, one is growing into more or retreating into less." - Norman Mailer

Sunday, February 22, 2009

so good to be remembered

Celestial Seasonings usually has good quotes, and this one knocks it out of the park!

"The dreams of childhood...its airy fables, its graceful, beautiful, humane, impossible adornments of the world beyond; so good, to be believed in once, so good to be remembered when outgrown." - Charles Dickens


So true, and this quote has special echoes for me as Thomas and I read Proust. As I watch my niece get older, too, I realize how important children are, and how special a state of mind is childhood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and so special for parents to cherish the dreams, grace, beauty, humanity and real adornments of their adult children.
papa

Clare said...

Thanks, Dad!!