"Every moment of one's life, one is growing into more or retreating into less." - Norman Mailer

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Language & Gender in Film

I'm taking a class on Language and Gender this semester, and for the final paper I've been approved to write on the general topic of stereotypical and non-stereotypical language use by gender in film. I'm thinking of seeing if this film might be interesting to include in my research. If anyone's seen it and can comment on it, please let me know. I was going to focus on the intersection of class and gender in the construction of female sexual identity and in-group out-group speech as it intersects with class (Mean Girls and Clueless being principal interests in that endeavor), but I may be more interested in the production of femininity and masculinity through the depiction of transgendered people in film. Hmm....


more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakfast_on_Pluto_(film)

No comments: