"Every moment of one's life, one is growing into more or retreating into less." - Norman Mailer

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cindy Lamb, John Yarmuth, and Toast on Market. Yum.

Please check out this funny interview. It involves three of my favourite things: Toast on Market, Cindy Lamb, and John Yarmuth. You know already of my esteem for the congressman, and I believe I have chirped over the delicious breakfasty-ness that is Toast, but did you also know that I am a great admirer of Cindy Lamb, writer and doula par excellence?

I became a fan of Cindy when she used to give her amusing and poignant commentaries on WFPL, back before Heidi Caravan gutted the practice of local voices on local radio. Then I came to know Cindy personally as a colleague and friend through BirthCare Network, as we doula-d together. And now, I am happy to have a new place to read her writing! Her voice is missed on radio, and I'm glad to find her in print whenever she is there!

You can find her interview of Yarmuth at the blog 'Ville Voice Eats.

No comments: