"Every moment of one's life, one is growing into more or retreating into less." - Norman Mailer

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Report Card

There are many things about which I would like to write today (Spiderman III Review, Derby, vacation, jobs, May Day, Jacqueline) but the thing I think I am most excited to mention is my grades. That's right, kids, it's the semi-annual Clare-bragging-on-herself-for-a-moment Report Card.

And so:

History of Anthropology (the class from hell that in which I really had no idea how I would do gradewise)
A
Cultures of the Middle East (Best...Class...Ever)
A
Intro to Archaeology
B+
Intro to Biological Anthropology
B
Spanish Senior Capstone Course
A

I feel pretty good about these grades, although I am mad a little about my two Bs--the B+ is 3 points (not percentage points, but POINTS) away from being an A- (grr), and the B in Bio Anth could've been an A if I had just flipping STUDIED for our second test instead of ignoring it and getting a D on it because I didn't bother to memorize all the Australopithecines and other pre-homo sapiens. Grrr.

Anyhoo. Despite the Bs, my overall GPA remains high at a 3.83, down from a 3.87 at the beginning of the semester. I feel that this is respectable, as I need to maintain a 3.75 or higher in order to graduate Summa cum Laude, which is my goal. I will need to be a lot more organized and study more next semester, though, if I am to be successful, as I will be taking 15 hours each semester and it will be almost exculsively anthropology, which is a lot more work than Humanities-like classes. As much reading as one has to do in an English or History major, for instance, I'm convinced that Anthro majors have to do more. IT'S ALL READING. So, if I'm going to take 24 hours of Anthro at the 300 and 400 level next year as well as do my undergraduate thesis and start master's courses in Spanish, I had better get my shit together now. Not being President of Honors Student Council will help.

As always, thanks for reading, and I hope you all had a happy Derby weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations! I am vicariously living through your freedom at the moment. If i know that someone else finished a semester, i know it is possible for me to do the same.
i am breathing. that is a start, right?