"Every moment of one's life, one is growing into more or retreating into less." - Norman Mailer

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

By Necessity, a Card-Carrying Member of the DYHFBCIDIB Club

toothpaste for dinner
toothpastefordinner.com

This is me for the past few weeks, man. I have been cutting it REALLY close. And I don't think it's for lack of time management, you know? I think I'm just literally DOING TOO MUCH STUFF. But I don't want to let anything go. Like, posting to my blog, for example. I should be reading and creating study questions and preparing for my advising meeting etc right now, but instead I'm catching up on the last few weeks of toothpastefordinner.com comix and marriedtothesea.org comix. Is that wrong? I believe it is not. You've gotta make a little time for fun stuff or you might die and explode, possibly not in that order. Right?

So. That is why I am a card-carrying member this semester of the "Do Your Homework 5 Minutes Before the Class It's Due In Begins" Club. Take that, McCarthy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lo estoy sentiendo, hombre. I am feeling it, man. instead of writing a 1500 word essay on why Hobbes is a depressing atheist, i am checking email and reading people's blogs.

love you,
rene

Anonymous said...

Hmm, how poignant this blog his for I'm currently supposed to be doing my grammar homework (thrilling!!) but instead, I'm catching up on your blog. Interesting...

Anonymous said...

I mean *is. Don't let my grammar professor see that!