"Every moment of one's life, one is growing into more or retreating into less." - Norman Mailer

Sunday, September 23, 2007

What bullshit shall our brains feast upon today?



My, but is has been a while, hasn't it? I am still not REALLY here, as I am amazingly busy with school and home and work. But I was trying to write the proposal for my senior thesis, and one of the sites I was looking at was translated by someone associated with "Tlaxcala, the network of translators for linguistic diversity." I was interested in the idea--and the name, which seemed to be Nahuatl or something like it. So I went to the site and one of the many things there (http://www.tlaxcala.es/default.asp) was a set of cartoons by this guy Kalvellido. I especially liked the one I placed here in my blog.

The word bubble in the panel means, "What do they want us to believe today?"
I often feel like "the powers that be" intend for us to actually stick our heads into the television set like an oven and just broil our brains in the pixels until we have no thoughts of our own left.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's working. We have officially become the stupidest, laziest, fattest and most apathetic nation in the history of the planet. Almost makes you proud, doesn't it?

Agent K.

Anonymous said...

"One of the spookier things about the current state of American democracy is that citizens have the freedom to speak, but unless they are wealthy, not the authority to be heard" --Erik Reece from "Lost Mountain"

--rene