"Every moment of one's life, one is growing into more or retreating into less." - Norman Mailer

Monday, October 09, 2006

Ireland, ourstyle




The following pictures are:
Thomas and me at the Clonakilty Post Office, which is inside a former church. The people of Clonakilty are pretty sure that theirs is the only post office in the world that is housed in a former church. It's quite interesting; a beautiful old church building, which on the inside has a queue and plexiglass with tellers behind it, and a drop box!





Thomas with a bust of Barry McGovern as Vladimir from Waiting for Godot, taken on our visit to the Dublin Writers Museum.







Us with Nick Harper! Holy Cheese. We gave him a present, which he wore the night he played with his dad. We felt very honoured. The gift was a T-shirt with an Alex Ross painting on it of George Bush as a vampire, sucking the neck of the Statue of Liberty. tee hee. (pictured here)







.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I am way way behind on your blog... But I just thought I'd comment because of the Ireland stuff (and I didn't even know you went...)

My uncle's place was 15 minutes from Clonakilty. I've been there a million times and never known about their weird post office. That's pretty random.

I hope you're doing well!

Katie