"Every moment of one's life, one is growing into more or retreating into less." - Norman Mailer

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

To Do List en Espanglish

I have another half hour on the clock here at the desk in the Honors House. I have managed to not start my final paper in anthropology, and instead have been emailing and researching el Barrio del Once en Buenos Aires, Argentina. It's a project for class. Me interesa mucho, no obstante. I am drinking tea of the Irish Breakfast variety (need more--lack of caffeine headache descending upon my parietal and temporal lobes..ach!) and listening to Gillian Welch.

I'm just sort of coasting till classes are over. Yo sufro una gran falta de la motivación hoy día. I have NO motivation to finish my work. I just want to be out in my yard pulling weeds, or reading the huge stack of books waiting for me as soon as the semester is over, or watching Smallville or the Simpsons or Being John Malkovich or whatever else I feel like doing!

Between me and vacation stand only a few tasks: final project in SPAN 355 (hence the barrio), final exam in 355, finish reading the book for 355, do capítulo 6 for SPAN 321, final examen oral in SPAN 321 (no worries, yo lo anticipo animadamente), write final paper (10-15 pages) for ANTHRO on "invented tradition," take final exam in linguistics, take last quiz in LING also.

See? Like nothing.

BTW, here are some of the books I plan to read veddy soon after break begins:

Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho
The Alchemist by Coelho also
Women, Fire, & Dangerous Things by George Lakoff
Moral Politics by Lakoff also
The Chomsky Reader
Communist Manifesto
Teenage Confidential (a non-fic collection of teen culture memorabilia from the 50s and 60s)
Peanuts Collections 1 & 3
Eva Luna por Isabel Allende
Ficciones por Jose Luis Borges

and many others not appearing in this film.

Wish me luck that I survive the next 10 days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about MERE CHRISTIANITY????
remember? That book should be at the top of the list, yo!
love ya,
rene

Clare said...

Mere Christianity by CS Lewis is definitely on the list. As is Anthropologist on Mars by Oliver Sacks, and Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. I didn't forget about you and your CS Lewis, Rene!!! i love you.